Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Lies

Read me a story about all those years ago
And all those people who waited for beauty
Who prayed for the truth to come and never go
We’re still waiting; I’m still waiting to see

Tell me what you wanted to hear
Show me what I wanted to see
Show me that there’s nothing to fear
Say that’s what you want from me

Give me what you want me to hold
Tell me what you want me to know
Ask me to do whatever I’m told
Tell me the meaning of this show

I love your lies, tell me some more
I want to pretend everything’s alright
I wasn’t there, but I see you’re sore
Hey, tell me who won the fight

Tell me why I didn’t see you yesterday
The truth is I don’t want to know it
Don’t tell me you didn’t see I stayed
I waited for you. I kept the candle lit.

So tell me about all those
Who waited for absolution
Who stayed in the path they chose
To the final resolution

This is a fairy tale run through a sieve
All the truth has filtered through
I believe I want to believe
You believe that I believe you.

No comments: