Saturday, February 3, 2007

Damaged Goods

It must be this coldness that’s the worst
Thinking of you doesn’t even bring me sadness now
Maybe I’m no longer jealous of you
I’m sorry, I mean I’m happy for you
So now it’s eating, drinking, sleeping alone
Dreaming alone like I used to do
It’s better now
I’m sure it’s so much better now
But dear friend I hate how you now talk to me
Lately it’s just been all these unspoken apologies
And well, all this aggressive sympathy
It’s really starting to get to me
But you’re so alive for once in your life
Maybe one day you’ll be dead like me
Truth is this is no way to live
Skipping class or skipping town
Just always leaving your lovers behind
Going out to your grave
And always leaving flowers behind
Maybe growing up’s not what life is all about
Could be growing apart, maybe moving out
It’s like waking up every day
To work from nine to five
Forgive me but when are you
Going to have time to feel alive?
Well, I hope our lives didn’t pass us by
I hope the only loss was you and I
Cause I’m happy for you if you’re happy to be
More than you and I could be
Maybe you’ll feel like you know you always should
It’s hard to live when we’re just damaged goods

~Ben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.