Sunday, February 11, 2007

Spoken Word Triptych

She Saw

You came home drunk
Again this morning
Seven AM and unable
to walk Your
friends supported
you to the bathroom
And you kissed the
toilet goodnight
In the evening you
didn’t Dare to do the
Same to me Not with
the lipstick on your
collar and under those
jeans So you
had Two too many
too many to think
straight She had
my eyes and they
caught Yours.

She Said

The usual She is a
Whore a Floozy
I hope she was
Worth every Second
Of course I screamed
I cried It’s your
Fault I died
You are no better
I pour your coffee
and I can’t smash
It against your head
I hope my eyes
were brighter in Her
face And I know
they were so after
all the obligated
anger all I
can think to say is
Nothing.

She Left

It was quick as
I could out the door
It’s been so long
I don’t even know how
To be alone Anymore
but now I can’t go back
to the house half
mine so I remember
what You said and there’s Paris at
Christmas and
the airport and a plane
waiting for me to find
Something else
Anything giving up
Everything but at the
terminal I still had my
eyes and they caught
Yours.

No comments: